THE DIAMOND FAMILY FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
The Diamond Family Foundation Fellowship (DFFF) provides an unique and rewarding opportunity for individuals to gain experience working internationally.
The Fellowship is a year long training program for young leaders, who have completed at minimum, their undergraduate degrees by the start of the program ( applicants can submit application during final year).
DFFF offers valuable opportunities for leadership development through practical work experience in Ghana, West Africa.
Fellows are assigned to specific program areas )and develop expertise with the direction of Executive Director and Senior Team Leader.
Currently 3 Fellowships positions are being offered:
Business Development Officer, Academic Officer, Program Manager
Fellows have the opportunity to:
- Hands on experience in managing the day to day running of the organization.
- Manage existing educational programs
- Implement new programs and projects
Unlike a typical graduate school experience, Fellows are encouraged to travel away from their host campus over the weekend and on days off, to learn more about the Ghanaian culture and BEYOND.
If you are an individual who is interested in broadening your perspectives, taking advantage of opportunities and becoming a global leader, the Diamond Family Foundation Fellowship Program is for you.
More information about the specific Fellowship Programs:
The Academic Advisor will oversee and manage the informal education programs for children receiving sponsorship. This is an important leadership role and requires an understanding of local customs and a skill for unifying teams from diverse backgrounds. Primary responsibilities will be to:
- Strengthen existing programs that boosts literacy in beneficiaries ages 6-21 years. In particular ESL students.
- Develop standards and procedures for after-school tutoring program
- Create tutoring strategies and class material to accommodate a broad range of student proficiency and aptitudes
- Engage local staff and interns in workshops and training to implement and enforce best teaching and learning practices (adhering to standards set out by the Ghanaian Education System)
- Assess local staff and interns for performance reviews.
- Broaden organizations program, through assisting in setting up after – school programs in community schools.
The Program Manager (PM) should be highly organized and a problem solver. This position will work closely with the Executive Director and Senior Team Leader in overseeing the organization’s day to day operations. This is a management position and it requires strong leadership skills.
PM works alongside Executive Director to ensure programs under BASICS International are working effectively.
Candidate should possess at minimum entry level management experience.
Business Development Officer (Social Enterprise)
The Business Development Officer will be a creative thinker and a problem solver. Should have experience and educational background in Business Management, Fundraising, Social Enterprise, Entrepreneurship. This position will be required to research and secure capacity building grants, partnerships and ventures, such as:
- Strengthening existing income-generating programs (recording studio, screen printing, and recycling)
- Implementing new social ventures that will position the organization to be self sustainable.
- Identifying and establishing Corporate Partnerships ( Schools, Corporations, etc)
- Continuously researching innovative approaches, ideas and best practices in the areas of Impact Investing and Social Entrepreneurship
- Supporting local entrepreneurs to achieve and assess their business goals and impacts which will ensure a sustainable community.
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, disability or sexual orientation .
- Applicants must be able to obtain a Ghana Visa. ( Passport required)
- Applicants should be open minded to cultural, social , economic and religious diversity.
- Travel and/or lived in abroad ( in a developing world) a minimum of 3 months. ( Preferably)
- Must be a citizen of USA
- Be a graduate of a 4 year Bachelor program from an accredited university (in USA, UK, Europe ) or higher.
- Be willing to reside in Accra Ghana for a duration of one (1) year. Business Development Fellows Fellowship is 6- 12 months
- Fulfill all application processes (Police Check, Health Screening)
- Round trip Air Travel
- Travel Insurance
- Extension Visa/ Residence Permits
- Room and Board (one year or duration of the fellowship)
- Telephone and Internet Allowance
- Monthly Living Allowance
- Ancillary training opportunities and enrichment experiences
- Access to information and resources
- Grant to implement a program within the organization
APPLY ON LINE: ( please follow instructions, as there are required documents which must be emailed in addition to filling out application)