Sponsoring a child helps us continue our work here in Ghana. Sponsorship is a valuable investment, as it creates a sustainable community. Education is empowering, and empowerment means sustainability.
There are a variety of ways you can change the life of a child, whether it be through providing them a cooked meal everyday, covering their school fees and associated costs, or placing ‘at risk’ children in our safe house to get them off the very adult streets. 100% of your donation goes directly to the projects at B.A.S.I.C.S International
School in Ghana
School Supplies- Support BASICS efforts in providing the necessary tools children in underpriviledged communities to attend school. Governments school are free; however the tools needed are not.
$50.00 can provide an uniforms, exam fees and stationery (exercise books).
Primary School – Sponsor a child **– invest and build a relationship. BASICS places selected children based on their achievements, in privately operated schools. These school offer smaller classroom sizes, longer school years, and quality education. Proven track record shows children attending privately operated schools, are performing better on nation-wide exams, and have 100% admission to High School. Each sponsor will receive termly updates from the school and child. Sponsors are invited to write at anytime to their child.
The cost of $500.00 a year covers tuition, uniforms, exams fees, books, stationary and feeding.
( Donate in full or 6 recurring payments of $84.00 or 12 recurring payment of $42.00)
Secondary High School** is not compulsory in Ghana, nor affordable to most students. B.A.S.I.C.S commits to helping each child who obtains admission. Sponsorship covers school fees, boarding , feeding, levies (PTA, etc), all uniforms, text books, stationary and provisions (personal items and transportation to and fro). Fees vary each year ( and adjusted based on exchange rate) . The Ghanaian academic year commences in September, and ends in August the following year. Each sponsor will receive termly updates from the school and child. Sponsors are invited to write at anytime to their child
Sponsor a child $1000.00 year ( payment plans available). Donate in full or 6 recurring payments of $167.00 or 12 recurring payment of $84.00) a Sponsor
**Sponsorship Program ( Primary, Secondary, University ONLY) will be introduced to your sponsored child through photographs, biography, and a letter from each child you support. Each school term you will receive a Progress Sheet ( and or report card) so you see your child’s progress.
Please consider each category below to chose your level of commitment. You are free to increase or decrease your sponsorship level year to year. All amounts have tax benefits, subject to each country’s tax laws. Secure donations can be made via our PayPal button below.
- School Supplies: $50* p.a can provide one child who attend government school with an uniform, books , stationary and PTA/exam fees.
- Daily Meal: $150* p.a can provide one child a meal everyday (served at Nana’s House Social Intervention Center)
- Primary School: $500* p.a can sponsor a child’s elementary school education (KG – Grade 8. ) Includes tuition, lunch, uniforms, books and stationary/supplies.
- Health Care: $600* p.a can give the gift of Preventative Healthcare. Includes yearly medical, dental and eye check up, as well as emergency care.
- Secondary High School: $1000* p.a sponsors a child’s Secondary high school education. Includes fees, boarding, books, stationary, provisions and first-time administration necessities (mattress, sheets, towel, trunk, bucket, shoes etc)
- Save a Girl: $1500* p.a puts an ‘at risk’ girl between the ages of 12-21 in a bed in our safe haven.
- University Scholarship: $3000* p.a provides a University scholarship to a deserving student.
- Let us choose: $?? Donate an amount of your choice and allow B.A.S.I.C.S to identify the program that is currently needing the most support.
* The specified amount is calculated and adjusted periodically to reflect change in exchange
rate (USD vs Ghana Cedi – GHC) If you would like to find out more about our sponsorship
programs, please contact us.
Please type the name of your chosen sponsorship program in the text box at checkout.
This text box will become available when you are reviewing your donation, before you
have confirmed the payment.