BECOMING a sponsor helps us continue our work here in Ghana. We cannot do this alone! Say NO to Child Labor, Poverty, Hunger and Illiteracy in Ghana PERMANENTLY, NOT TEMPORARILY.
Give the gift of an education, to a child. There are many levels of sponsorships available.
$45.00 (USD) a year provides a uniform, books, and stationary to attend a government school.
$500.00 (USD) can give the opportunity to a bright student to attend a private school, by paying school fees, uniforms, books and stationary.
As High School is not compulsory here in Ghana, nor affordable to most students, BASICS commits to helping each child who obtains admission.
Sponsor a child to Secondary School (HS) for $1200.00 a year, which includes, school fees, boarding, uniforms, books, stationary and provisions. This will also cover the cost of first time admission and necessarities ( mattress, sheets, towel, trunk, bucket, shoes, church clothe ( mandated by school) , sneakers along with a list of items required by prospective schools)
You can select one of our options below and start making a difference TODAY!
The Ghanaian Academic Year commences in September, and ends in August the following year. Sponsorship covers school fees, levies (PTA, etc), uniforms, text books and stationary.
You will be introduced to your sponsored child through photographs, biography, and a letter from each child you support. Each school term you will receive a Progress Sheet so you see your children's progress.
- Sponsor a child in Primary School: $45.00 per year provides ONE child sponsorship to attend a Government Primary (elementary) School. ( WE ARE ONLY TAKING RE-NEWALS FOR THIS LEVEL)
- Provide one meal a day: $147.00 per year to provide 1 meal a day for 260 days in the year.
- Provide Preventive Health care to a child: $600.00 per year ensure a yearly medical, dental and eye check-up and and emergency care for a child.
- Private school sponsorship: $500.00 per year sponsors a child to private elementary school (KG-8)
- High school sponsorship: $1200.00 per year gives a child an opportunity to attend Secondary School (High School) which includes boarding.
- Sponsor a girl child's stay in Nana's safe haven: $1480.00 per year will provide an 'at risk' girl child between the ages of 12 and 21 years, a bed in our safe haven.
- Sponsor a deserving child to university: $3000.00 a year, provides an university scholarship to a deserving student.
- Make an one time or a monthly donation of any amount : your support will support all programs.
- If you would like to find out more on our sponsorship program, please contact us or select one of our options below. Please know that 100% of your donation goes directly to projects of the organization BASICS International.